2006 WINTER OLYMPICS
WINTER OLYMPICS FACTS
• 84 medals will be given over a period of 17 days.
• 2,600 athletes and 2,500 officials from 82 National Olympic Committees will be housed in 3 Olympic Villages: Torino, Bardonecchia and Sestriere.
• Seven sports will be presented: Biathlon, Bobsleigh, Curling, Ice Hockey, Luge, Skating, Skiing
• Eight competition sites: Bardonecchia, Pinerolo, Pragelato, Cesana-Pariol, Cesana-San Sicario, Sauze d'Oulx, Sestriere, Torino, joined by 2 training centres at: Claviere and Torre Pellice
• 650 judges and referees will participate in the Games.
• 10,000 journalists and media operators are expected to cover the Games.
On June 19, 1999 in Seoul, Korea, the 109th IOC Session elected Turin, Italy as the Host City for the XX Olympic Winter Games in 2006 from a total of six Candidate Cities. Six cities put forward bids for the 2006 Winter Games. They were Helsinki (FIN), Klagenfurt (AUT), Poprad-Tatry (SVK), Sion (SUI), Turin (ITA), and Zakopane (POL).
Orbitz Ski Guide
News & Highlights from Turino, Italy
Copyright © 2003-2006 iAMreallyBORED.com All Rights Reserved.